making a start

today I thought - wow - I learn so many interesting things. most days someone teaches me something new, so I felt like putting that here, on a blog.
what I am also hoping to do, is gingerly begin to share some of my creative ideas too. I had grand thoughts of making a film a day and so on, but I'm just going to make a start right now and see where we go.
So - this evening I went to a residents meeting in this beautiful church in Lorrimore Square. The sky was incredible as I was driving over - the light was shining behind the clouds from low in the sky and creating a dramatic contrast between the blue and the white.
In Croydon this afternoon I learned that the interesting facts being shared with me were unfortunately untrue, which is a shame. The proposition was that neither yorkshire puddings nor battered fish originate in the UK, however I couldn't find a decent source online to verify or refute. But it was a fun conversation all the same.
A fact that did turn out to be both true, and fascinating, redeemed the chap, who also told us that Pocahontas died just off the coast of Gravesend.
I love Gravesend, it is just the right sort of strange, and I must visit again some day.
In other news - song of the day comes from Jamie Cullum's show, which I caught on my drive back from Croydon earlier.
I give you Roberta Flack singing Compared To What.
Delicious...




0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Created with flickr badge.

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Hi - my name is Emma Jane. I am here to walk slowly back towards my creativity. It's a gentle stroll along a path which does not require anxiety to make my work. Thanks for coming to see what I've been up to. :) EMJx