A Confession



I took this photograph in the Lake District, it's pretty amazing, i'm going to print it and put it up on the wall and create a gallery of my work. exciting.

I consistently produce, I was going to say I don't, but there isn't a day goes by when I'm not taking a photograph of something. I've never failed to do that, instagram mainly, but it's all in there, still learning. I photographed a wedding in the summer and it was incredible what I captured, I felt like I have really learned something in all these years.

I remember back in the day, if you blogged you would have a pretty massive audience, back before Facebook, I had followers on my blog. I wrote a lot. People liked it, it seemed interesting, relevant, I liked it. Until I got trolled and quit - I didn't know what that was then - I just got sad and upset and didn't want to speak any more.

Now it's harder to get people to tune in, so much clamour, so I just pop in here from time to time and say a few things.

I've got my eye on the Joan Scheckel courses, I would like to make some more work, theatre, film, I don't know, something.

My current question is - is work in the way or am I? I still can't seem to find a bridge between things, I started a short film and my flat is in complete disarray while I wait for the 2nd day's shoot. In retrospect I don't think I would do that again! 2 days straight through, no loss of energy, the rest has to be done in the edit suite, and then you learn and move on.

So, that is kind of standing in my way at the moment, so many brilliant people's time and energy in a strange suspension, I think we will find the right moment to complete it. And I know I'd like to start a new project, I'd like to find a script. I thought about writing one but I feel like it is an insurmountable task! A whole new skillset that perhaps would be better left to someone who is actually already practiced.

I opened this little window just to get going, but I'm always in my own world, perhaps I could write form my own world, not the world I imagine is elsewhere, the world where 'writers' go.

Actually I read something today that was relevant - Tolstoy in 'A Confession' says "what do I know & what have I got to teach?" perhaps that is a good place to start.


p.s. tune of the day

0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Created with flickr badge.

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Hi - my name is Emma Jane. I am here to walk slowly back towards my creativity. It's a gentle stroll along a path which does not require anxiety to make my work. Thanks for coming to see what I've been up to. :) EMJx