fl00d

ok - so fl00d is up - the whole thing, and Ben and I are talking about what might come next. Something that's part of this idea, preceding and following this apocalyptic moment. I really enjoyed making these visuals and I hear, although I've not had a chance to be at any screenings yet, that people are impressed. Given that I shot it all on the iPhone it looks pretty smooth.

Fl00d - excerpt from EJ on Vimeo.




However, I am now, well, am I without project? I could well be. It's been a hectic month of intensive therapy, emotions, starting the mindfulness meditative program Take 10, drinking Floradix to get some energy (I get pretty anaemic sometimes), jamming with Dan & discussing the potential for a new band with Richie, pondering whether I want to take a sabbatical - a month off and what to do with it, reminding myself to play - by booking a holiday to Morocco with my girlfriends and working on getting fit and losing this extra inch of flesh I'm carrying by cycling - mainly with the aid of ultra-competitive app Strava.

And now, looking at all of this - most of which happened in the last 10 days (96.5 miles cycled in the last 5) - I wonder - did I avoid finding a place to 'make'.

I really struggle with doing much beyond taking the odd instagram photo sometimes. I started this blog by way of doing something about that. I've downloaded a guide to writing a proposal, to get a piece written on the next thing - a road trip documentary I'd like to make, and getting up the vim & vigour to produce Brutal. It doesn't get done.

Annie said something - that I have everything I need to get these projects off the ground - that if I can make The Vagina Monologues in such a successful manner, then I can do anything else, in that same way, just roll along, it was the ideal practice project.

I will think about that today. I will take some time to just write three pages of longhand, morning pages style, about that specifically, and step away from the computer. I'll do my 15 minutes of meditation, and write, and see what comes.

As for photography, here's my image of the day. Taken from the skybobs, the cable car 'airline' from Greenwich to the Royal Docks. I loved how the boats looked so little from above. Such a lovely peaceful day, I didn't worry about a thing.






0 comments:

 

Flickr Photostream

Created with flickr badge.

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Hi - my name is Emma Jane. I am here to walk slowly back towards my creativity. It's a gentle stroll along a path which does not require anxiety to make my work. Thanks for coming to see what I've been up to. :) EMJx